How to play Rummy online?
June 14, 2017 News
13 cards online Rummy is a classic card game where the objective is to get rid of your hand cards by creating melds that can be either sets or sequences. There are many online rummy websites available these days to play rummy safely with stakes involved. Supreme Court of India has declared Indian Rummy, a game of skill.
How to Play Rummy
You can learn how to play rummy by reading this material. A minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 6 players can participate in 13 card rummy games online. Up to 6 players use two decks of cards in a rummy game. Each deck consists of the standard 52 cards and one additional wild card, with the image of “Joker” printed on it. The objective of the game is to meld the 13 hand cards into proper sets & sequences. In order to win, the player must at least have two sequences, one of which must be a pure sequence (without Jokers) and other cards arranged in sequences and/or sets.
Three or four cards of the same rank are called sets eg: ♥6♠6♦6. All the cards in a set have to be of different suits.
A sequence aka run is a combination of 3 or more cards of the same suit in a consecutive order. A sequence can be pure if does not have a Joker, it is mandatory to at least have one pure sequence while declaring. Eg: 6♦7♦8♦
6♦7♦ and 8♦ are three consecutive cards of the same suit ♦.
Two types of jokers are used in rummy which makes the melding process easier.
At the beginning of the 13 card online rummy game, a wild joker card is selected randomly that can be used in place of any other card.
If J ♥ is selected as the random joker, then J of any suit can be used as the joker
4♦ 5♦ J♠ 7♦
J♠ has replaced 6♦ to form a sequence of 4♦ 5♦ 6♦ 7♦
Printed jokers can be used as substitute card in your rummy games. If you get printed jokers you can use them to replace any other cards to form sets and sequences. In case a printed joker is selected as a Joker during the online rummy game, then ace card of any suit can be used as a joker.
- 13 cards are dealt with each player in a table.
- The first card is placed on the open deck and a joker card is selected. Remaining cards are placed face-down in the closed deck slot.
- Players can then group their cards using the sort button provided.
- Players during their turn can pick a card from either open or closed deck and should discard the hand card on the open desk.
- The player who arranges all the 13 cards in their hands in sets and sequences are declared as winners. After arranging the 13 cards in sets and sequences, the player should discard the final card on the finish slot to declare the game. If all the sets and sequences are valid as per the rules, the player wins with 0 points and the points of the losing players are calculated based on the value of cards remaining in their hands.
- Declaring without Pure Sequence, Declaring without Sequence and making invalid sets are considered as wrong declaration and the player would lose with 80 points
You can calculate the scores by adding the points of the cards left also called deadwood cards.
A, K, Q, and J – Each card carries 10 points each.
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 – Face value is counted as points.
Random & Printed jokers – Zero.
A player’s maximum score in Rummy is 80.
Case 1: If the player has no pure sequence at the end of the game, then the points of all the 13 cards are calculated. His score would remain 80 in such cases.
Case 2: If the player has only a pure sequence at the end of the game, then the points are calculated based on the hand score of remaining cards.
Case 3: On the other hand if he has 2 sequences and one set, then the points of the cards that remain ungrouped are taken into consideration.
Case 4: When the player has no sets or sequences, then hand score of all the 13 cards are calculated and he would lose the game with 80 Points.
Case 5: If a player drops in the first move, he/she gets 20 points and the game continues till a single player finishes the game. The players who drop the game after the first round would lose with 40 Points.
Case 6: If a player declares the game without meeting the objective, he/she gets 80 points and the game continues till a player emerges as the winner.
- Always Aim for a pure sequence
- Try to get rid of high-value cards like K, Q, and J so that you don’t lose with high points.
- Analyze the starting hand and play accordingly. If you have a bad hand, consider dropping out of the game as you would lose only with 20 points.
- Try hoodwinking your opponents by throwing cards as bait to find out the sets/sequences they are trying to meld.
- Use your joker cards wisely to reduce points. If you have a Jack and Queen of clubs vs. a two and three of spades, you should use the joker card with Jack and queen of clubs so that you would get points only for two and three of spades.
Deccan Rummy – the safest Rummy site
Deccan Rummy provides a safe and fair gaming environment to all our patrons. We have taken every necessary step to protect the integrity of our Rummy room. In order to main the gaming environment clean, we maintain a zero-tolerance policy towards players indulging in any forms of cheating.
Deccan Rummy offers a variety of 13 card rummy games so that the players get a wider selection of gaming experiences. Our gaming platform is built with a state-of-the-art software. We have also robust random number generator (RNG) that ensures a random shuffle. Deccan Rummy has been certified by InfySec Security labs for fair play and random number generator (RNG). RNG will ensure that all the rummy players are dealt a fair deal hand each and every game.
Our Random Number Generator (RNG) software ensures all the online rummy players get a fair chance of winning. The system produces innumerable permutations and combinations not related to each other that is virtually impossible to predict. Additionally, our RNG system has been rigorously tested by running millions of rounds and examining their results. Deccan Rummy has deployed a sophisticated technology identifying the players indulging in collusion or other types of fraudulent activities.
Register & Play at Deccan Rummy
- Register at Deccan Rummy with your email id. Verify your mobile number and dive into the world of online rummy with a welcome bonus of Rs. 25.
- We will credit your account with 10000 practice chips which you can use to play practice rummy game online.
- Once you login you can find our lobby section from where you can start playing rummy. If you want to practice playing rummy online, click on Practice tab in the lobby and join a practice table.
- We have 3 exciting rummy variants available to play under cash rummy games – Points Rummy, Deals Rummy & Pool Rummy. Select your favorite rummy variant & click “Join” button to start.
- Once you’ve played enough, exit the game. Click on My Account in the lobby where you have options for Adding and withdrawing cash.
Dive into the exciting world of online rummy by signing up at Deccan Rummy now. We guarantee that you will get that scintillating gaming experiencing you’ve been longing for. If you are an Android user looking for a genuine 13 card rummy game download try our Deccan Rummy mobile for free.