How Chaplin would have fared in Indian Rummy?
April 18, 2017 News
Charlie Chaplin was one of the biggest actors of the 20th century’s silent-film eras. Revered still for being one of the most original creators in the history of movies, he was the one who helped Hollywood industry gain recognition. He was a gifted actor whose repertoire is not just restricted to humor but branches out to many. His gifted intelligence coupled with his eccentric character makes him truly one of a kind. To the outsiders, he was a charismatic comedian, but to those who know him; he was an enigma, a brash and unpredictable person. Rummy is an interesting game where skills play a pivotal role along with an element of unpredictability. It should be interesting to observe how Charlie Chaplin would have fared in modern day Indian rummy? Given Charlie’s passion to try out new things, we strongly feel not only would have Charlie would have liked the game but would have excelled in it.
Charlie was an enigmatic person who had a commanding charisma and optimistic outlook towards everything in his life. He had that rare ability to set himself apart from the crowd through his weird and bizarre antics. Intelligent humor has always been his biggest selling point. He was able to put across many social messages to his audiences through his humor. Chaplin was also a grueling perfectionist. His love for experimentation with perfection often meant countless takes, and it was not uncommon for him to order the rebuilding of an entire set. His penchant for perfection is only matched by his commitment and dedication to the art that he loved so much. So, these attributes would come to his aid whenever he is in a rummy table. Rummy is no arcane sport. In fact, it was developed by the commoners for the commoners. As Chaplin loved the proles, it is only fair to guess that Chaplin would have loved the game, the proles love to play.
Chaplin in Indian Rummy
- If you want to succeed in a rummy game, you must set yourself apart from the others in a rummy table. One of Charlie’s little idiosyncrasies was always his “look-at-me” kind of exhibits. Given a short span, he would carve a niche for himself and would become a personality cult in Rummy with his uncanny game play.
- Known for his ability to infuse social messages in his comedies, he would keep the chat feature in online rummy split with his funny postings. Clean humour without any double entente has always been Charlie’s biggest strength. Also, he would try to use his humour sense as a weapon to bait his opponents.
- As he loves experimentation, Charlie would not hesitate to play even if he is dealt a terrible starting hand.
- Charlie’s uncanny & mischievous attitude would come into the picture while playing Indian rummy. He might intentionally throw a card for his opponent as bait only to make a complete fool of him in the subsequent rounds.
- One of Charlie’s biggest flaws was his impatience which made him vulnerable at times. While playing online rummy, patience is one of the important virtues to be successful. Chaplin with his short-lived surges of jitteriness could lose the game even at the brink of a victory.
- Moreover, Chaplin’s antics often goes synonymous with Joker card. So we have an instant answer to why Chaplin would have liked this game, right?
As we know Online Rummy is a unique game which blends intelligence and luck together. In fact, the unpredictable nature is one of the biggest quirks of the Indian rummy game. So, if an equally unpredictable Chaplin was alive playing the game today, there’s every reason to believe that he would become a Rummy superstar.